I love alliteration. Bacon, broccoli, bok choy & brown rice stir fry (and bean sprouts if you can get yours hands on that).
And I love vegetables. Oh and bacon. Brown rice is something I don’t often eat but want to more now since I’ve learnt about how it releases energy slower than white rice and keeps you fuller for longer (low GI).
When you toss it all together with steamed brown rice, the result is full of texture and goodness (minus the bacon). This isn’t an exact recipe, you can play around with it for Simple Meals that are also gluten-free.
- 3C steamed brown rice
- 4 strips of Bacon (diced)
- Bok choy (chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- Season with salt and white pepper
- Steam the brown rice, set aside.
- At medium heat, fry bacon in a deep pan.
- Take the bacon out but leave the oils from the fat.
- Pan fry the pieces of broccoli on one half of the pan. Simultaneously crack the eggs onto the other half of the pan and mix for a scramble effect.
- Break the egg up into smaller pieces.
- Add the rice and chopped bok choy, then toss it up. Cover with lip and take off heat. The heat inside the pan will steam the bok choy through.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.